Privacy and Cookies Policy
Last updated: November 23, 2018Policy Overview
This Privacy and Cookies Policy is provided by Taiwan Manufacturing Company, INC. ("RADIANT INNOVATION INC.", or "we") to explain to you what personal data may be collected through the websites linked to this Policy and how such personal data may be used. If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us via Contact us. This Policy applies solely to the processing of your personal data which may be collected through our websites. If you are an EU resident, please also refer to the EU addendum below.
Personal Data Collected
Use of Personal Data Collected
The personal data collected may be used to respond to your inquiries or requests such as sending you data you request, registering you for events you request, replying to your questions you submit, process your job application information, maintain our relationship with you, help us maintain and upgrade the quality of our websites and the services these websites provide, and any other use described at the point we collect the personal data.
Recipients of Personal Data
We may share your personal data collected through our websites, on a need-to-know basis, with authorized persons within RADIANT INNOVATION INC. or its affiliates involved in the above-mentioned purposes.
We may also disclose your personal data to third party providers (in particular, to enable them to execute certain web services for us, such as web hosting or maintenance services).
We reserve the right to disclose such personal data to any other third party if we believe that we are required or permitted to do so by law, including, where applicable, (i) to comply with legal processes or governmental requests; (ii) to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute criminal offences or attacks on the technical integrity of the web site or our network; and (iii) to protect the rights, property or safety of RADIANT INNOVATION INC. , the users of the website, or the public.
International Transfers of Personal Data
International transfers of your personal data will be covered by specific contracts, codes of conduct or other protection mechanisms to ensure your personal data is provided an adequate level of data protection.
Our websites use the following types of cookies for the purposes mentioned:Mandatory cookies created to provide better user security, or to enhance user's experience with our websites.
Functional cookies that enables functions to enhance user usability, such as the AddThis social sharing feature, and Google search engine.
Performance cookies that collect how a user uses our sites, for example which pages user visits. These cookies provide analytical information so we can improve our sites' usability. One example is Google Analytics.
Cookies expire at various times. Most cookies expire at the time the browser is closed. Third party cookies are controlled by third party sites.
You can disable these cookies at any time by adjusting the settings of your browser (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). Please bear in mind that disabling cookies may impact the usability of our websites. For example, if a user disables our mandatory cookies, you may not be able to access our logged-in functions.
To the extent required by applicable law, you are entitled to obtain information on the processing of your personal data, access your personal data, object to or restrict the processing of your personal data, make use of your right to data portability where applicable, and have your personal data rectified or deleted. You are also entitled to withdraw at any time the consent that you have given with respect to the processing of your personal data.
If you would like to exercise the above rights or learn more about the processing of your personal data, please contact us via our website > Contact us. We will endeavor to respond to your request(s) promptly.
You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority or seek other remedies under applicable law in case you believe that your personal data is not being processed in accordance with applicable law.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We endeavor to retain your personal data for no longer than what is allowed under the applicable data protection laws and, in any case, for no longer than what is necessary for the purpose for which such personal data was collected or otherwise processed. To the extent required by applicable law, we will erase personal data: when it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; when you withdraw your consent (where lawfulness of processing is based on your consent) and there is no other legal ground for the processing; when you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; when your personal data has been unlawfully processed; or when it is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
Revisions to Our Privacy and Cookies Policy
RADIANT INNOVATION INC. reserves the right to revise this Policy at any time. You may ascertain if our Policy has been revised by checking the "Last Updated" date at the top of this page. By using our websites, you acknowledge the terms of this Policy (as amended or revised by us) and you should therefore review this Policy regularly to ensure that you are aware of its terms.
EU addendum to the Privacy and Cookies Policy
This addendum to the Privacy and Cookies Policy takes into consideration additional requirements that apply, in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to the processing by us of your personal data collected through the websites if the GDPR applies to our processing of your data. In case of a conflict between the provisions of this addendum and the main body of the Privacy and Cookies Policy , this addendum shall prevail.
Purposes and Legal Basis of the Processing of Your Personal Data
We use your personal data for the following purposes and pursuant to the following legal bases:
- to respond to your inquiries or requests such as sending you news releases you request, registering you for events you request, replying to your questions you submit, the legal basis of such processing being your consent;
- to process your job application information, the legal basis of such processing being your consent; and
- to help us maintain and upgrade the quality of our websites and the services these websites provide, the legal basis of such processing being our legitimate interest to improve our website and our services.
International Data Transfers
As RADIANT INNOVATION INC. is an entity located in Taiwan, any personal data you submit through this website is directly collected and processed by us in Taiwan, and you hereby consent to the transfer of your personal data outside the EU. We endeavor to comply with the applicable EU data protection laws as regards such direct collection and further processing of personal data originating from the EU.
Cookies Used by Third Parties: Google Analytics
- Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies” or text files that are stored on your computer which facilitate an analysis of how you use our website.
- The information on your use of our website generated by the cookie is generally transmitted (including your IP address) to a Google server in the U.S. and stored there. However, we have activated IP anonymisation: On our website, Google Analytics added the code “gat._anonymizeIp();” to ensure an anonymised collection of IP addresses (IP masking), thus ruling out direct reference to particular persons. If your personal data collected identifies you, this is immediately excluded and the personal data therefore promptly deleted. Activating the IP anonymisation function on our website results in the shortening of your IP address by Google in the Member States of the European Union or in other treaty states of the European Economic Area Agreement. Only in exceptional cases is the complete IP address sent to a Google server in the U.S. and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google uses this information to analyse your website use so that it can then compile reports on the website activities and render additional associated services to the website operator regarding website and Internet use. We have signed an order processing agreement with Google regarding this.
- The IP address transmitted by Google Analytics from your browser is not merged with other Google data. However, if applicable, Google will transmit this information to third parties as long as this is legally required or to the extent that third parties process these data on behalf of Google.
- You can prevent cookies from being stored by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we will point out that if you do so, you may no longer be able to use all functions on this website to their full extent. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and that draws on your use of the website (incl. your IP address) going to Google as well as Google’s processing of these data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
- If you use a mobile application – such as a tablet or smart phone – the browser plug-in does not work. However, you can nevertheless prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics by clicking the link "Deactivate Google Analytics" below. This sets an opt-out cookie that prevents your data from being collected when you visit this website in the future.
- We use Google Analytics to be able to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics we receive help us improve our products and services and make them more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which your personal data is transmitted to the U.S., Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- Third-party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
User terms and conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html,
overview on data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html,
as well as the privacy statement: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
- This website additionally uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of visitor streams that is conducted using a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your use in your customer account under “My Data,” “Personal Data.”